Sad Brick Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It says MAMMAL

4 posters

Go down

It says MAMMAL Empty It says MAMMAL

Post  Sarah Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:02 pm

Got their new album the other night. I'm not that impressed, some of the songs are good but I think it's gunna have to grow on me.

and here I was thinking they could do no wrong.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

It says MAMMAL Empty Re: It says MAMMAL

Post  Jake Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:47 am

what does that say again???
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:50 am

it says;

"stop staring at my tits"
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:55 am

hey tell them to stop staring at me!!!!!
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  7ames Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:22 pm

ahhahahaha i remember that!!
7ames
7ames

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:35 pm

Haha, Callum helped me find a review I wrote ages ago about Mammal, back when I was in complete and utter awe of them. You can find my little claim to fame at http://www.accessallareas.net.au but for your convenience it's posted below.

I'm kicking myself over this actually, it's FAR from my best writing, and I think the editor may have edited it a little, but hey. If I had the chance to re-submit this, I definitely would.

-------

Mammal: East Brunswick Club, Saturday 17th March
Posted on March 20 2007 by the Music News Desk

They may have just celebrated their first birthday, but Mammal have already achieved more than most bands ever would. This four piece Melbourne band keep going from strength to strength, lead by front man Ezekiel Ox. With a simple request; "Can I get a 'hell yeah'?", a night of fusion of rock, funk and metal was underway as Mammal created an unreal atmosphere which left the audience rhythmically swaying and ultimately, screaming for more.

The launch of their upcoming single 'Think' at the East Brunswick Club was the epitome of such an occasion. Ox, accompanied by Pete Williamson ( on guitar, Nick Adams on bass and Zane Rosanoski on drums, led the audience through songs such as 'New Breed Judas', 'Think', 'Hell Yeah', 'Inciting' and 'Groove Junkie' from their debut self-titled EP, along with new songs, such as the power-driven 'Hai-ku'.

Williamson and Adams together created an unbelievable rhythm and Rosanoski's funk induced beats got hearts pumping, leaving no patron standing still. Along with Ox's vocal talent, Mammal's sheer stage presence and Ox and Adam's bizarre yet captivating dance moves took patrons to the edge, causing the venue to erupt with singing, cheering and of course, applause.

Not afraid to show his political side, Ox not only incorporates his views into his lyrics, but also took time to speak in between songs about the government's motives relating to Australian uranium deposits.

But politics are not the only thing that Mammal brought to their gig, a sense of humor was definitely present, whether it was Williamson's declaration that Mammal has "Australia's sexiest drummer" much to Rosanoski's delight, or Ox's quick wit in retaliation to fans responses and requests.

Yet still, it isn't often that a band will leave such a lasting impression upon you that you must write about them. But after all, Mammal are indeed something special. From Ox's heartfelt lyrics, to the bands explosive energy, to mirror ball helmets, Mammal performances are not to one to be missed. So stand up, take a deep breath and get ready for Mammal, they may just be Australia's next big musical export... Hell yeah.

- Sarah Ruane
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:40 pm

it kinda makes me a little sad to see myself exaggerate so much within one little article...
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:30 pm

it clearly says rack
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  Daneo Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:13 pm

HEY DUDES ! ! ! ! ! ! im kinda new to these forums umm not real sure what to do...you guys seem pretty cool....cept that jake guy jeez wtf......
Anyway i was at the corner last sat to see The Matches which rocked my fluffing socks off....saw a poster of mammal i dunno if they already played or are going to play there.....Are these guys any good? is kinda what im trying to get at here....
Peace out hombres.....
P.S. Prepare to be rocked by daneo's forum awesomeness
Daneo
Daneo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:03 pm

mammal are there on the 19th of September - this Friday - to launch their new album "the majority". it's an okay album, their single "smash the pinata" is pretty rad, but thats about it. I'm actually pretty disappointed in them. wayyyy too political these days, when they first started out they were rad, but the singer (ezekiel ox) was MUCH better when he was the front man for Full Scale.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:49 am

okay so it's growing on me... but i think its the fact that their recorded version does them absolutely no justice. when you see them live they're amazing and so full of energy...

i wish the studio album captured that energy...
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:51 am

i know the feeling.....
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content