Sad Brick Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apatow Productions

3 posters

Go down

Apatow Productions Empty Apatow Productions

Post  Sarah Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:43 am

Since i love Apatow production movies/tv shows i'm gunna post what i can find about upcoming films in here Smile
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Apatow Productions Empty Re: Apatow Productions

Post  Sarah Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:43 am

"Funny People" due to be released in 2009.

I think, from hearing Seth Rogen mentioning it in an interview, it's about a comedy club. The cast includes; Seth Rogen, Adam Sandler, Eric Bana, Jonah Hill, Leslie Mann and Jason Schwartzman. More info as I find it.

He is also set to release his third directorial feature on July 31, 2009, titled Funny People. He wrote the film by himself, and it is set to star Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen as a pair of standup comedians, one of whom has a near death experience. Other co-stars include his wife Leslie Mann and Eric Bana, who was a stand up comedian in Australia before appearing in American films. The film will contain more dramatic elements than Apatow's previous directorial efforts.

Last edited by Sarah on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:44 am

"Get Him To The Greek" - 2009

They're making a spin-off of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, based on Aldous Snow (Russel Brand). It's currently in pre-production and is looking to be released next year... I'll post more information as i find out. The Movie will be called "Get Him To The Greek" and along with Russel Brand in the cast, it is rumoured to have Jonah Hill, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, Pink and Dee Snider in it.

From Wikipedia;
A week after the release of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Universal Pictures announced a new film Get Him to the Greek, reteaming Jonah Hill and Russell Brand with writer/director Nicholas Stoller and producer Judd Apatow. Variety initially announced the project would focus on "fresh-out-of-college insurance adjuster (Hill) who is hired to accompany an out-of-control rock star (Brand) from London to a gig at L.A.'s Greek Theater." In July 2008, Brand mentioned that he would be reprising his Aldous Snow role from Forgetting Sarah Marshall, in a new film from Apatow in which the character was back on drugs. In an interview with CHUD.com, Apatow would later reveal that Get Him to the Greek was indeed a spin-off of Forgetting Sarah Marshall with Brand again playing a no-longer-sober Aldous Snow, but did not state whether or not Jonah Hill would be playing a different role.

Last edited by Sarah on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:49 am

"The Year One" - 2009
Another one due to be released next year, I'm currently looking for more info. This is in post-production so I should be able to find something.

The synopsis I found on imdb.com;
"When a couple of lazy hunter-gatherers (Black and Cera) are banished from their primitive village, they set off on an epic journey through the ancient world."

The cast includes; Jack Black, Michael Cera, Olivia Wilde, June Diane Raphael, David Cross, Juno Temple, Oliver Platt, Paul Rudd, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Hank Azaria

From aintitcool.com;
The movie stars Jack Black and Michael Cera as early tribesmen. They are banished from their (secluded?) tribe and travel around ancient earth running into zany characters that allow for a mother load of cameo appearances.

The movie opens on Jack Black's character Zed, with his would-be lady Maya, played by June Raphael, walking through the forest where they come upon the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. She asks him to take a bite, and he does so that she will "lay with him." The apple seems to have an awakening effect on Zed, who begins to question the nature of life and believe himself to be chosen by God as the film progresses.

Could be promising, especially for Jack Black, Michael Cera, David Cross and Paul Rudd.

MTV News Article - http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1576092/story.jhtml
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:39 am

and i heard he's going to be taking the piss out of high school musical
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:26 pm

Jake wrote:and i heard he's going to be taking the piss out of high school musical

thats what i was looking for... couldn't find any info earlier today, granted i didn't look very hard
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:42 am

LAZY...

i think its called unschool musical or something along those lines, but he has only started on the script
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:41 am

Anti-High School Musical [Working/Rumoured Title]

Okay so Jake told me about this one on the weekend I think... Not much info so far;

http://bigpicture.fancast.com/2008/09/judd_apatows_antihigh_school_m.html
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:43 am

More From Wikipedia;

It was recently announced that Apatow is producing a yet-untitled comedy based around Sherlock Holmes and his partner Watson, which was written by Etan Cohen. Sacha Baron Cohen will play Holmes while Will Ferrell is set to play Watson.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Red Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:12 am

Sarah wrote:More From Wikipedia;

It was recently announced that Apatow is producing a yet-untitled comedy based around Sherlock Holmes and his partner Watson, which was written by Etan Cohen. Sacha Baron Cohen will play Holmes while Will Ferrell is set to play Watson.

fluck yea!
Big Red
Big Red

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:26 am

Year One (2009) Suprebowl Spots

Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content