Sad Brick Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ladder Theory

+4
Jake
samantha
Big Red
Sarah
8 posters

Go down

The Ladder Theory Empty The Ladder Theory

Post  Sarah Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:47 am

I'd post all this here and reference the site I got it from but it doesn't feel right to detract from their website traffic...

http://www.laddertheory.com/

check out this website, pretty humourous, and I'd love to hear what you all have to say on the matter.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

The Ladder Theory Empty Re: The Ladder Theory

Post  Sarah Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:13 am

I'd like to draw your attention to this little graph;

The Ladder Theory 2chart-ratingsys

Money and Power: 50%
Attraction: 40%
Things Women Say They Care About But Do Not: 10%
(this includes intelligence, sense of humor, honesty, sensitivity etc.)

As to the first point, that of money. Well most guys know that women dig guys with money. Would Donald Trump be fucking models if he wasn't rich? That question is rhetorical. Now I don't even believe this is wrong, I think it is just nature. But I also think women who are this way (and it is almost all of you) should be honest and admit that they are basically whores, and stop saying bad things about the so-called "actual whores" who are just trying to earn an honest living.

Most women read this and say something like, "Well I'm not the average woman because..blah...blah...not true...blah blah...my boyfriend/lover/husband/masseuse was poor...blah...blah."

If you thought something like this you are very likely the average woman. If you read it and went "Hmmm..." and then you went back to doing physics, then you have a case.

Looks are not to be discounted. I see many girls revert to about a seventh grade emotional level when they see some guy at the club, or some guy from a crappy movie. I think everyone has seen this phenomena, and it seems to have become an alarming trend in women of increasing age.

The last 10% was my effort to give women the benefit of the doubt. A common question men ask of women is "Tell me what you want in a man?", which is like asking how many guys she's slept with, an invitation to be lied to. Because she'll almost invariably answer with some combination of

• sense of humor
• intelligence
• sensitivity
• emotional stability

As far as I can tell this is mostly rubbish. But in an effort to be fair I have included this, since there seem to be a few rare cases of this. Just none that I have ever seen.

Another thing to watch out for is the code words women use. Here is a translation guide for dealing with women.

Says: I want a man who is motivated and has goals.
Means: I want a rich man

Says: I want a man who knows how to treat a woman.
Means: I want a rich man

Says: He's from a really good family.
Means: He's from a really rich family.

I'm sure you get the point. Let's move on

And to go further;

The Ladder Theory Womanchart3

Physical Attraction/Looks - This is still a big factor in attraction. This is self-explanatory.

Competition - I almost titled this section disinterest. The two are closely related. We can only pursue what runs away from us. A man who is devoted to something else besides the woman is autmatically more attractive. Any intellectual whore who has ever listened to a girl complain about how her boyfriend-ran-off-with-a-slut or how her boyfriend-is-really-not-dumb-he's-just-streetsmart-and-he- has-to-sell-weed-to-support-his-baby's-mama or he's-really-nice-even-though-he-ignores-me-and-hits-me-sometimes-but-you-don't- know-what-he's-like-when-we're-alone or he's-not-emotionally-available-that's-why-I-like-talk-to-you-until-it's-time-to-go-fuck-him while he himself is sitting right there and would like nothing better than to be with her but of course is sitting solidly on the friends ladder knows this intuitively. Ultimately, almost all guys learn this truth for themselves: The best way to never score with a woman is to show too much interest in her.

Women seem to especially like it if you are more devoted to your bad music, biker gang, forearm tattoo or marijuana. These all seem to work wonders. There are some interests you can show in a woman that will help you to fuck her: a healthy interest in destroying her self-esteem and in fucking her friends more than her seem to work wonders. Note that the following topics of disinterest have been field tested and shown conclusively not to work: Unix, literature, poetry, international politics, and sodomy.

Novelty
- Let's face it, if you're like every other guy who works a normal job and tries to live a good life, you're probably like just about every other guy. Chicks don't dig this, and why would they? Who wants someone who is just like everyone else? Something different is more attractive. Like someone who does not have to work during the day like most people because they have lots of money from business or selling drugs. Or like someone who has stabbed a man and went to prison for it. Different and a veritable ticket to getting laid.

I dunno, I know heaps of chicks who do actually think this way, and do the whole say things and mean another.

Personally, I couldn't give a fuck about guys money, and as much as I appreciate chivalry, I don't need to be doted on and can afford things for myself... (Yeah, Callum Razz ).

And of course, no matter what Donald Trump has in the bank, he's still old enough to be my grandfather, and that's just fucking creepy...

As for the attraction thing, I can agree with that. Probably at about 40% as well. Any female who says "looks don't matter" is kidding themselves. It's a blatent lie. Of course looks matter, if you're not physically and sexually attracted to someone, how is anything ever gunna work out between you?!

Personality is a big part, yes, but you can't have a proper functioning relationship without physical attraction. Prove me wrong on that one.

For me I think it's be more like...

Attraction: 50%
Personality: 40%
Money and Power: 10%

Attraction is different to "looks" anyways. I can think someone is good looking but not actually be attracted to them.

I guess I just think attraction is very important. And if because of that (and because you won't admit that you think the same way) you think I'm shallow, then I guess I'm pretty damn shallow.

Granted this is all tongue-in-cheek, but you know, it's a good topic.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:26 am

IF A MAN FINDS YOU ATTRACTIVE YOU CANNOT BE FRIENDS

Many women want to argue this point and say things like, "I have lots of guy friends." Maybe. There are exactly 3 cases Intellectual Whores has identified whereby a guy and a girl can be friends:

1. The guy is gay
2. The guy does not find you attractive
3. The guy already has a woman much higher than you on the ladder

Even Nietzsche knew this. Most guys know this intuitively. Most girls doubt. I have a challenge for all of you girls who still doubt. Pick a guy who does not meet any of the criterion on the above list that you think is your friend. Then ask yourself this question: If you were both alone at his place one night, and you excused yourself to the bathroom and came out naked and asked him to have sex with you would he:

1. Tell you he doesn't want to risk the beautiful friendship you have created with messy physical entanglements.
2. Comply.

Remember
...this only works if you are honest with yourself. Number one is of course something that guys hear all the time. Intellectual Whores refers to it as the Kiss of Death. It is more likely that he will jump you eagerly.

Lmao. If I don't have any guy friends, I barely have any friends at all Sad
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Red Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:44 am

According to that Womans rating system pie chart, im 90% screwed.
Big Red
Big Red

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:57 am

in the good way... right?
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Red Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:02 am

Sarah wrote:in the good way... right?

negative lol
Big Red
Big Red

Back to top Go down

Post  samantha Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:00 pm

Big Red wrote:According to that Womans rating system pie chart, im 90% screwed.

Your silly.
samantha
samantha

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:25 pm

woo hoo i get 20% for novelty....and, thats it lol
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  db Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:03 pm

I get about 25% I believe. Yeah, utter fail.
db
db

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sand Trout Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:38 pm

this whole page hurts my head............ Question
The Sand Trout
The Sand Trout

Back to top Go down

Post  macca Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:21 am

bahahahaha sarah this is funny cause of the fact that i know alot of your male friends that wanted to sleep with you lol. so sorry to say im your only real male friend lol
macca
macca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:52 am

macca wrote:bahahahaha sarah this is funny cause of the fact that i know alot of your male friends that wanted to sleep with you lol. so sorry to say im your only real male friend lol

yay... i think. lol
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  macca Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:22 am

well acorrding to the ladder theory im 100% garanteed to get laid lol
macca
macca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:35 am

macca wrote:well acorrding to the ladder theory im 100% garanteed to get laid lol

well you should be getting laid anyways... right?
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  macca Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:06 am

lol i know but im not counting that lol
macca
macca
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:13 am

lmao fair enough.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronie Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:55 pm

I tried so hard to read the whole thing on that site but i gave up because it just made me either mad or bored.

Although I agree with some of it... actually all of it.

The attractive part of the chart and the theory in general makes sense. But in a way we arent attracted to someone just based on how good looking they are in general we are attracted to how good look they are to ourselves. Someone you might find attractive might not attract me at all. Everyone has different tastes.

The money thing however doesn't really make sense to me. Some girls honestly don't go for money or power. If they do I think they are a little insane. I mean yeah I have sat down a weighed up the pros and cons of dating someone and money/career/power does come into it in some way but in the end if you love someone you love someone or if you wanna fuck someone you wanna fuck them. I mean if a really hot guy came up to you but didn't have alot of money and wanted to do you would you say no? (putting aside annoying attachments like boyfriends, husbands, etc) You wouldn't, you'd get your clothes off quick smart. But I guess they'd rate higher on your ladder if they were good looking, fuckable and rich... hmmmm actually i take back everything I've said I completely agree with this whole thing.

Good find Sarah :p
Bronie
Bronie

http://www.myspace.com/broniecore

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum