Sad Brick Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victorian Bushfire Appeal.

2 posters

Go down

Victorian Bushfire Appeal. Empty Victorian Bushfire Appeal.

Post  Sarah Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 am

In times of disaster, all we have is each other...

I'm not too sure if any of you know anyone that has been affected by these horrible fires, but I urge you to do something about it, if it is within your means.

My company has decided to donate a rather large sum to the Red Cross, and is holding several fundraisers, in which they will meet all of the staff's donations.

There are several fundraisers and that sort of thing going on at the moment to help those in need.

On Friday 13th of February, Coles Supermarkets will be donating ALL profits to the Governments Bushfire Appeal in collaboration with Red Cross Australia. If you need to do any shopping that day, please try and do it at Coles as every dollar is going to be a massive help to the victims of the bushfires.

If i find any other major fundraisers I will post them here, and if you can all do the same that would be fantastic.

I personally don't know anyone (as of yet) that has been seriously affected by the fires, but I will do anything I can to help them out. I spent a fair bit of time in King Lake when I was younger, and my Uncles old house is now completely gone due to the fire.

Lastly, I want to acknowledge everyone who has helped with the disaster, either it be at ground zero or assisting with those affected. True heroes deserve nothing but praise for what they have accomplished.

Last edited by Sarah on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Victorian Bushfire Appeal. Empty Re: Victorian Bushfire Appeal.

Post  Sarah Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:19 am

To donate to the Red Cross State Government Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund:
* Visit the Red Cross website to donate: http://www.redcross.org.au/vic/services_emergencyservices_victorian-bushfires-appeal-2009.htm
* Phone 1800 811 700
* Any NAB, ANZ, Westpac or Commonwealth Bank branch
* Any Bunnings store
* By direct deposit to the Victorian Bushfire Relief Fund - BSB 082-001, Account number 860-046-797
Myer Bushfire Appeal
* All proceeds to the Salvation Army. Donate at any Victorian Myer store

SHOP AT ANY COLES SUPERMARKET IN AUSTRALIA ON FRIDAY 13/02/2009
Coles are donating all profits to the Red Cross Fire Appeal on Friday - please do your weekly shopping on Friday!
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=43081272705
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  samantha Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:35 am

My Uncle Richard, Aunty Caroline and twin cousins Jack and Craig (aged 12) live in Flowerdale.
200 houses were burnt to the ground in Flowerdale with 3 or 5 (not sure, we were told 5 people but then last night news said 3) were killed.
We were freaking out on Sunday night because the last we heard the fire was close to their property and then we hear 5 people have been killed.
Because all the phone line were down we couldn't reach them.
Mum tried the helplines but they couldn't tell us anything solid.

My Uncle eventually called my Mum to tell her that they were safe, and that my cousins had been evacuated to Yea, and then to Port Melbourne when the fires hit Yea.
It was such a relief to hear that they were safe.
Richard and Caroline are still in Flowerdale fighting a bunch of spot fires and helping people out.

Sadly, my mums cousin Robert, his wife Natasha and their two children (aged 8 months and 3 years) didn't make it.
They lived in Kinglake, and they were burnt alive in their car while trying to flee.
I didn't really know them, but its been really hard to see my Mum and my Gran so devastated.
My Granny's a mess, and she's really worried because Richard and Caroline are still there, and I don't think she's going to feel better until they're 100% safe.

I hope no-one else knew anyone who was effected by the fires as I know its not a pleasent feeling.
Aisah and I are going to donate some of our old clothes (since were both broke), and I'm going grocery shopping with Mum on Friday at Coles.
samantha
samantha

Back to top Go down

Post  samantha Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:30 pm

In today's herald sun there was a article on my relatives on page 4/5.
Even though I didn't know them very well at all, the article was beautiful, and sad, and moving.
samantha
samantha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum