Sad Brick Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lust, infatuation and love...

+10
samantha
steve
macca
Bronie
Aceface
Big Red
Daneo
Jake
AshleighANARCHY
Sarah
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lust, infatuation and love... - Page 2 Empty Re: Lust, infatuation and love...

Post  steve Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:23 am

plus u should really tell plp ur feeling and shit, cause it can turn ugly
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Aceface Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:25 am

Well.. well yes. That's been known to happen...
Aceface
Aceface

Back to top Go down

Post  steve Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:27 am

yeh it has been know to happen...there a couple examples but let not name names
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Aceface Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:27 am

Yeah, lets not ey!
Aceface
Aceface

Back to top Go down

Post  steve Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:28 am

anyways..love is an over rated word that is use to often....how can someone be "in love" after a couple weeks of knowing the person
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Aceface Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:29 am

I think that's when you feel most strongly about a person, at the beginning. It's why relationships go downhill after a few months. People get bored.
Aceface
Aceface

Back to top Go down

Post  steve Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:34 am

or the guy is under the thumb and does whatever the chick tells him to...eg-my brother
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post  samantha Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm

AisahSchmaisah wrote:I don't believe in seeing someone and completely falling in love, but yeah I agree that you can meet someone and straight away be drawn to them and you can just know that if you continue seeing that person you're going to end up falling in love with them.
It'd be so nice if "true love" were real. Of course it's not. How can you be made for just ONE person, out of the billions on this earth? And, what if the person you're "made for" happens to die in a freak accident young? Does that mean you are destined to be alone because you're not meant to be with anyone else?
Most days, I don't believe in romantic love. I think it's an obsession and familiarity with one person blown out of proportion. Of course people get obsessed with their partners. People somehow believe that it's in human nature to spend the rest of their lives with just one person, so they force themselves upon that one person and even if there's a lot of things they dont like about that person they think "I just have to accept them for who they are" No you don't! If you don't like someones company, how the hell are you gunna spend the rest of your life with them? Men and women are farrr too different to be made to live together forever. They are made to breed together, because they have the matching parts. That's it. I've been "in love" three times. How is it that three years ago, I was seriously convinced I was going to marry my boyfriend at the time.. yet now, I have a completely different boyfriend who I feel the same way about and I don't even think about the one I once wanted to have kids with and all that crap. It's hard to take in right now, but I actually CAN live without a boyfriend. I'm very attached to him, but I've gotten over people I've been attached to before and I can do it again. Everyone can. People say they "can't live" without someone. That is NOT true! That's just insane.
Today is one of my "love isn't real" days (obviously). Whatever we do feel for people is something special and valuable, but I'm just not sure what to call it.

AisahSchmaisah wrote:I don't believe there ever is the "right" person either. People are just too different. No matter who you're with, they're always going to upset you. They're always going to disagree wth you. Some more than others of course, but I guess everyones looking for that person who makes them happy 24/7. Unfotunately that person doesn't exist.. It's crazy how emotions can screw with your mind and fuck with your ability to think clearly, logically and rationally.

We've had these discussions so much these past 3 months. Lol.
& Ofcourse, I still agree with you 100%.
samantha
samantha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:27 pm

marsho #35 wrote:anyways..love is an over rated word that is use to often....how can someone be "in love" after a couple weeks of knowing the person

thats not love, it's infatuation.

love is a word too overused, and a feeling under felt. quote me on that one if you may.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronie Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:18 pm

I felt so awkward reading through aisah and steven's posts to get to the end. Hahaha. Tension much?

I went out on a date tonight and for the last few years of my life I have gathered a little bit of all the things I've liked in people I like and put them into a dream guy. Tonight I met him. The right personality, the right amount of affection, the right build, height, hair, taste in music, he is employeed...etc... I had a great time and he had a great time. But I went away feeling like there is still something missing. I know exactly what it is... and I don't think I'll ever completely get it.

This is not the place to post the reasons I feel empty. I'm sure I'll tell you if you asked me one on one. I dunno what I'm suppose to do...
Bronie
Bronie

http://www.myspace.com/broniecore

Back to top Go down

Post  Aceface Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:35 am

bronie wrote:I felt so awkward reading through aisah and steven's posts to get to the end. Hahaha. Tension much?
LOL. I think we're past that. Maybe you already have a certain someone on your mind, so you feel that not just anyone will do. THAT'S annoying too. Once you've fallen for a person, you like everything about them, flaws and all. Even if someone else coems along, perfect in every way and lacking such flaws, it's too late.. you're hooked on that other person. I could be wrong in assuming this though, Bron. I'm probably wrong. LOL.
The thing I hate most about "love" is that once you're attached, if they say jump, you jump.
Aceface
Aceface

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:14 am

AisahSchmaisah wrote:
LOL. I think we're past that. Maybe you already have a certain someone on your mind, so you feel that not just anyone will do. THAT'S annoying too. Once you've fallen for a person, you like everything about them, flaws and all. Even if someone else coems along, perfect in every way and lacking such flaws, it's too late.. you're hooked on that other person.

Mhmmm... I know what that's like, it's terrible, because as much as you don't want to like that person you can't help it at all. You can't get past them to move onto someone else, and since the person you're trying to move onto isn't the person you truely want you end up not trying as hard to make things work.

It brings about "If only there was more of him in you..." thoughts and makes you over-analyze EVERYTHING about said person. I really hate the rules of attraction, they fuck you up good at times.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:22 am

I'm happy to stay single, I suppose, but I can't help but feel like I'm missing out. I have my nights where I'm totally lonely and vunerable and wish there was someone with me, but I worry that once someone is there I'll miss my independence and my own company way too much.

I guess you've just gotta find the balance between independance and dependance ey? Most couples can't seem to get it right, they either somther each other, or don't spend any time together.

I think once you find a happy balance between the two things will have a better chance of working... Granted independance/dependance is not the only issue you deal with, but it's definitely one you see break up many many couples.

Love is a funny, funny thing... It brings so much happiness and sadness, brings people together and tears them apart. Relationships of any nature are crazy... Although it's not so much a "can't live with them, can't live without them" pure black and white story.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Aceface Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:52 am

marsho #35 wrote:or the guy is under the thumb and does whatever the chick tells him to...eg-my brother
Yeah, that happens. But just as often, its the girl who would jump at command for the guy. Some of the bullshit I've put up with in relationships in the past makes me kind of sick, and really angry with myself.
Aceface
Aceface

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoo Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Don't you girls have work/school/whatever to go to?
Stoo
Stoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronie Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:57 pm

Stoo wrote:Don't you girls have work/school/whatever to go to?

Nope.
Bronie
Bronie

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoo Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:24 pm

Oh.. Ok.. Fair enough then!

Carry on!
Stoo
Stoo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sand Trout Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:36 pm

i just want to say that there is a girl i see from time to time and we've been seeing each other on and off for quite a while now
and i have to say i love her, well i think i do most of the time anyway and sometimes i dont cause i dont get to see her for long spaces of time and it makes me feel odd
but i think thats just how i am i cant realy "love" anyone and i dont know if there's something wrong with me or i just dont know what to feel
The Sand Trout
The Sand Trout

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:17 am

Alexisonice wrote:i just want to say that there is a girl i see from time to time and we've been seeing each other on and off for quite a while now
and i have to say i love her, well i think i do most of the time anyway and sometimes i dont cause i dont get to see her for long spaces of time and it makes me feel odd
but i think thats just how i am i cant realy "love" anyone and i dont know if there's something wrong with me or i just dont know what to feel

lol i don't think anyone really knows how to feel, cause you definitely can't control it.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronie Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:58 am

Stoo wrote:Oh.. Ok.. Fair enough then!

Carry on!

bahahahaha you can talk. You wont come to my retro night out coz you wanna stay home and play sega... although if my sega mega drive did work i'd probably being at home playing nba live or golden axe.... hmmmm you are excused.

As for aisah.... pfft you two so have tension still. Come'on I am all knowing and shiz.

*Realizes she should say something relivant to this thread before time runs out*... marriage... "it takes two people to lie... one to lie and one to listen". That is all.
Bronie
Bronie

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronie Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:23 am

Throughout time in literature and the media there has been many great lines about love, men and women.

But none so great as this...

"Bart, a woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!"
Bronie
Bronie

Back to top Go down

Post  Aceface Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:29 am

bronie wrote:As for aisah.... pfft you two so have tension still. Come'on I am all knowing and shiz. *Realizes she should say something relivant to this thread before time runs out*... marriage... "it takes two people to lie... one to lie and one to listen". That is all.
LOL your mum is tension. There is no tension. I think that quote is relivant to most relationships Sad How sad is that?
Aceface
Aceface

Back to top Go down

Post  the third winchester Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:31 pm

just my lil input......im just giving up on it lol
the third winchester
the third winchester

Back to top Go down

Post  hey its that bar guy Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:27 am

Homer Simpson wrote: Bart, a woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

ahaha what a quote!
hey its that bar guy
hey its that bar guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bronie Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:02 am

Today's theory on love by Bronwyn is that Love is blind, deaf and dumb.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.
Bronie
Bronie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2