Sad Brick Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting into shape

+5
Aceface
hey its that bar guy
Sarah
Big Red
7ames
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Getting into shape Empty Getting into shape

Post  7ames Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:57 pm

Yo everyone!
Feel free to ask the forum anything related to getting in shape here Very Happy
I really wana start getting into shape. and everyone knows a bunch of P.T's and tips and what not. so what would people recommend? like whats good to have for breakfast? whats good for lunch?
Also, Im thinking about buying a weight bench with a few dumbbells on tuesday. fixing up my Bike 2moro. think thats a good idea (bout the bench)? i dont want to do anything stupid lol.
My Goal is to gain muscle mass, especially around the upper body areas such as biceps, pecs, deltoids etc etc. i gots no fat to lose lol so thats that taken care of. and im waiting 4 that Genesis gym to open and ill start going there once in a while.

Thanx,
- James
7ames
7ames

Back to top Go down

Getting into shape Empty Re: Getting into shape

Post  Big Red Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:48 pm

yea, going to the gym will be good for you mate, aslong as you've got the motivation to go then your set.
i dont have much ready access to equipment, and im not as fit as i was last year so ive just been making sure im as active as i can be (walking, running etc), its not much but it helps. if you need a running buddy let me know i go most days (starting to get less sore now lol)
Big Red
Big Red

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:17 am

okay okay i've got it.

take some of this daily.

Getting into shape Djfhkd10

and soon enough you'll look like this!*

Getting into shape Beefca10

* You'll probably look more like this;
Getting into shape 200px-10

BEEFCAKE!!!

oh man i totally wanna go watch season 1 of South Park now.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:29 am

but seriously...

The only way to gain weight whether it’s fat or muscle, is to consume more energy than you expend. But make sure whatever you're eating is still nutritious, yet high in calories/kilojoules.

Check out http://www.gainingweight.info/healthy-high-calorie-foods-to-gain-weight/ for some info on high-calorie foods.

Also make sure you up your protein intake;

Just know that Federal Drug Administration (FDA) recommends 50g of protein per day for the average male adult and the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends 56g. The Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for protein intake is 0.8g per kg or 0.36g per lb of bodyweight. A 140lb person would need to consume about 51g to meet their RDA. Sports Scientists concede that athletes and bodybuilders need more than this and conservatively recommend up to 1.5g per kg or 0.7g per lb of bodyweight.

Good sources of protein include fresh and canned fish, lean cuts of red meat, chicken, turkey, low fat milk and yogurt, low fat cottage cheese, egg whites, soy products and whey protein powder.

You'll also need to increase on carbs. Good sources of carbohydrate for a weight gain diet include whole meal bread, potatoes, brown rice, pasta, couscous, fresh and tinned fruit and dried fruit.

You do need to also up your fat intake, but bear in mind there are good and bad fats. Eating maccas daily isn't gunna help you out at all Wink
The fats you want to consume are monounsaturated fats found in olive oil and avocados, and polyunsaturated fats found in oily fish, flax, sunflower, safflower and cod liver oil and some raw nuts.

Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) are what the health care professionals love to talk about. And with good reason. EFA’s also known as Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are found in polyunsaturated fats, particularly oily fish. As well as having a numerous health benefits they also play an important role in muscle building.

In short, a weight gain diet containing fish like mackerel, tuna and salmon (to name a few) or supplemented with a product like Flaxseed oil will not only help you build muscle but will keep you alive longer too.

Finally, you're gunna have to adjust your eating habits. Finally, forget about eating 3 large meals a day with a few snacks. The best approach to an effective weight gain diet is to eat 5 or 6 small meals a day. Separate them by 3 hours so your stomach has time to digest each meal fully.

Bear in mind you can suppliment these things, there's a health food shop in Woodgrove for starters that carries a lot of health suppliments. Your best bet would to be getting into some protein powder so you can make protein shakes for breakfast. Not only are they good for helping with weight gain you can add your fruits and whatever and make them taste pretty damn awesome.

Is that basically what you were after for dietry tips?
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  hey its that bar guy Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:42 am

drink lots of water and cut out as much junk/fasty food as you can..
and dont train every day... your not giving your muscles chance to bleed and recover if you do
hey its that bar guy
hey its that bar guy

Back to top Go down

Post  7ames Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:10 pm

so i should get the bench and dumbells? lol
and thanx 4 the tips and info so far. thats exactly the kind of stuff i was after.
7ames
7ames

Back to top Go down

Post  hey its that bar guy Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:35 pm

if you need a running partner james.. il help .. better to run with someone.. but mind you im trying to get super fit..
6k in 24 minutes.. im happy Smile
hey its that bar guy
hey its that bar guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Aceface Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:49 pm

You gotta do what I do. Live this lifestyle and NOTHING can go wrong.
-Alarm goes off at 8am. Hit snooze until 8:20 then roll out of bed and swear at your family for being loud (and ugly, if you're in a REALLY bad mood)
-Throw on some smelly crumpled clothes you find on your floor (your family are too lazy to do the washing, despite the fact that they are almost always home)
-Drive to work at 90kph in a 60 zone (the boss has told you to stop being late and you are willing to sacrifice the lives of others for the sake of your job because frankly, you're broke and have a stupid loan to pay back which you bought a shitbomb with and it's probably not going to last much longer if you keep revving the guts out of the poor thing because you are too irresponsible to get out of bed in time)
-Arrive at work (late) where the horrible and common feeling of pure dread hits you. Head to the back, make a coffee, grab 2 (eight) timtams and sit on the computer for three hours, doing some very important Myspacing, facebooking and Spaz-tasticing.
-Go home for lunch. Lie on the couch for an hour and watch Spongebob while eating either toast or Red Rooster you picked up on the way. Nearly fall asleep and begrudgingly peel yourself out of the groove you've left on the couch. Arive back at work with messy bed hair.
-Remain at the computer until 5:30, occasionally completing basic work related tasks while doing much more important things such as Facebook and Myspace and Cuteoverload.com
-Leave work, and pick up something for dinner on the way home (your lazy family who never do ANY washing also never buy basic groceries for a decent and normal dinner)
-Come home and talk to the bunny (or whatever pet you may have.. bunny is just a very cute example) who has more interesting things to say than anyone else at home
-Cook dinner for a bunch of people who are really quite ungrateful about the fact that you spent all day at work while they did nothing, yet you still went out of your way to buy and cook dinner
-Jump on the net and complain about your day while eating the cold leftovers of the dinner you cooked (you're not hungry, it's just something to do)
-Jump into bed. Go to sleep. Repeat.

Thats how I got these abs of steel, flawless complexion, constant energy and my over-all happy demeanour.

Last edited by AisahSchmaisah on Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : coz there was a damn emoticon where it shouldnt have been!)
Aceface
Aceface

Back to top Go down

Post  hey its that bar guy Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:53 am

AisahSchmaisah wrote:You gotta do what I do. Live this lifestyle and NOTHING can go wrong.
-Alarm goes off at 8am. Hit snooze until 8:20 then roll out of bed and swear at your family for being loud (and ugly, if you're in a REALLY bad mood)
-Throw on some smelly crumpled clothes you find on your floor (your family are too lazy to do the washing, despite the fact that they are almost always home)
-Drive to work at 90kph in a 60 zone (the boss has told you to stop being late and you are willing to sacrifice the lives of others for the sake of your job because frankly, you're broke and have a stupid loan to pay back which you bought a shitbomb with and it's probably not going to last much longer if you keep revving the guts out of the poor thing because you are too irresponsible to get out of bed in time)
-Arrive at work (late) where the horrible and common feeling of pure dread hits you. Head to the back, make a coffee, grab 2 (eight) timtams and sit on the computer for three hours, doing some very important Myspacing, facebooking and Spaz-tasticing.
-Go home for lunch. Lie on the couch for an hour and watch Spongebob while eating either toast or Red Rooster you picked up on the way. Nearly fall asleep and begrudgingly peel yourself out of the groove you've left on the couch. Arive back at work with messy bed hair.
-Remain at the computer until 5:30, occasionally completing basic work related tasks while doing much more important things such as Facebook and Myspace and Cuteoverload.com
-Leave work, and pick up something for dinner on the way home (your lazy family who never do ANY washing also never buy basic groceries for a decent and normal dinner)
-Come home and talk to the bunny (or whatever pet you may have.. bunny is just a very cute example) who has more interesting things to say than anyone else at home
-Cook dinner for a bunch of people who are really quite ungrateful about the fact that you spent all day at work while they did nothing, yet you still went out of your way to buy and cook dinner
-Jump on the net and complain about your day while eating the cold leftovers of the dinner you cooked (you're not hungry, it's just something to do)

Thats how I got these abs of steel, flawless complexion, constant energy and my over-all happy demeanour.

nobel prize anyone?
hey its that bar guy
hey its that bar guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:55 am

holy fuck, aisah. how bored do you get at work?!
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  samantha Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:04 am

AisahSchmaisah wrote:You gotta do what I do. Live this lifestyle and NOTHING can go wrong.

I wish my job provided timtams!!!!
samantha
samantha

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:32 am

i stood on the scales and to my surprise i have lost 3 kilos over the weekend WTF
i did nothing but drink and eat shitty food lol
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  Aceface Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:13 am

AisahSchmaisah wrote:
Just in case you dont know, this part was sarcastic.
Aceface
Aceface

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:14 am

AisahSchmaisah wrote:
AisahSchmaisah wrote:
Just in case you dont know, this part was sarcastic.

Yes, yes we got that part
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  hey its that bar guy Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:16 am

i am 1.1 k's different to yesterday.. run more.. eat less
hey its that bar guy
hey its that bar guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:37 am

i'm eating healthier and looking fatter.

wtf, seriously.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  hey its that bar guy Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:38 am

try eating fast food more often?

wait dont follow that advice
hey its that bar guy
hey its that bar guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:38 am

wait now im confused
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:47 am

i swear, i always lose weight when i eat junk food. it makes no sense whatsoever.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:51 am

it truly doesn't! But like i said i lost 3 kilos over the weekend drinking booze and eating junk lol
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  steve Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:57 am

what can i say..i eat heaps of junk food, never been in a gym and im still in good shape..lol
steve
steve

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:09 am

SHUT UP THATS WHY lol
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:27 am

it'll catch up with you eventually marshall.
Sarah
Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  hey its that bar guy Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:22 am

hmm someone motivate me to go for this run later on.
hey its that bar guy
hey its that bar guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jake Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:25 am

RUN BITCH RUUUUN
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content